Sushil Kumar, you deserve to be the first Indian to win two individual Olympic medals. You may or may not win it, but you sure deserve to.
- For those thousands of nights right up to the time you won the Olympic bronze, that you spent sleeping on mats in a dark, damp, cockroach infested dormitory with twenty other boys and with little ventilation – you deserve a second medal.
- For working harder after your medal and becoming World Champion when the money was already in the bank –you deserve a second medal.
- For providing thousands of kids in far away villages a dream to aspire to and making them believe in their dream – you deserve a second medal
- For making us aware of a wrestler’s struggles – you deserve a second medal.
- For making governments see votes in tripling the grant of funds for wrestling – you deserve a second medal.
- For being the trigger for a project that has seen wrestling mats being given to hundreds of akharas – you deserve a second medal.
- For bringing money back into the dangals so that now village wrestlers may earn a few lakhs a year – you deserve a second medal.
- For making a sports federation marketable enough to rope in their first ever sponsor – you deserve a second medal.
- For awakening a country to a sport – you deserve a second medal.
But this is sport and here you must earn even what you deserve. We’re praying you earn it!